The Queens Rent a Car Renter's Guide has been specifically set up to aid visitors to Sri Lanka. Please contact Queens personnel for clarifications or additional information.
(1) Queens Rent a Car offers customized and chauffeur driven tour packages to interested renters. We provide competent chauffeurs who eliminate the problems associated with driving in a country and on roads that you may not be familiar with. Tour packages are easily arranged to visit varied locations in Sri Lanka. Contact Queens Rent a Car for more details.
(2) Petrol (Gasoline) may not be always easily accessible as overseas especially if you visit remote locations in the interior of the country. Therefore, it is advisable to keep the petrol tank topped up and not let it run below the half way mark.
(3) Queens Rent a Car takes all possible measures to have the vehicles it rents in the very best running condition but in the interest of safety and trouble free motoring, it is the responsibility of the renter to check the fluid levels including engine oil, coolant, windshield washer etc. This is especially so after a long, all day drive.
(4) At the time of taking delivery of your rental vehicle, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the various controls of the vehicle, location of insurance and vehicle identification documents etc.
(5) Queens Rent a Car recommends that you take a few minutes to inspect the condition of the vehicle at the time of accepting the keys and that any possible dents to the bodywork etc are accounted for.
(6) Parking on most pavement areas in Colombo is prohibited. Please use designated parking areas. The usual fee is Rs. 50.00 per hour.
(7) Give way to vehicles approaching from your right at intersections and roundabouts.
(8) Honk your horn to gain attention, caution other road users.
(9) If vehicle received feels not in condition or dislike has to be return in the same day and after using middle or end of the rental period any will not be accepted after using vehicle.
Rental terms and conditions For the purpose of all rental transactions, financially and otherwise, with regards to the hiring of vehicles on a self-drive basis, Queens Rent a Car hereinafter will be referred to as Queens Rent a Car and the person or any organization hereinafter will be referred to as the Hirer. Rental charges are inclusive of all taxe Supply of fuel to the vehicle will be at the hirer's cost. The vehicle should be driven only by the hirer. However, the hirer may authorize any other individual to drive the vehicle provided the person is a holder of a valid driving license. The details of such a license should be furnished to Queens Rent a Car without delay. Damages to the vehicle whilst in the custody of the hirer and the extent not covered by the insurance contract, will have to be borne by the hirer to a maximum extent of USD 250 plus the towing charges and no of days to repair.(excess way off vary as per vehicle type and deposit amount) Queens Rent a Car will make all necessary arrangements to provide a replacement vehicle in the event accident at extra rental / mechanical repairs have to be carried out on the vehicle that has been hired. The hirer must sign all necessary documents to enable Queens Rent a Car to claim insurance as maybe required from the relevant insurance providers. The hirer will have to bear the cost of damages caused to the mechanical components of the vehicle such as engine, drivetrain etc resulting from operating the vehicle without adequate coolant, oil etc.All minor repairs such as replacement of lamp bulbs, wiper blades etc will be reimbursed by Queens Rent a Car on production of bills/receipts. A request for an extension of the hiring period by the hirer should be intimated to the Queens Rent a Car at least 48 hours before the expiry of the original hiring agreement. The vehicle will be handed over to the Hirer, cleaned and washed, and the Hirer should return the vehicle in the same condition. If not, a sum of USD 5.00 will be charged by Queens Rent a Car as cleaning charges.
Any tyre cuts or tyre damages,under carriage damages to vehicle will be 100% liable hirer and new tyre has to be replaced by hirer,if hirer does not agree then damage tyre need to hand over Queens office to send respective tyre manufacturer check defect or physical damage to tyre,till then will be holding 50-100usd amount from deposit will be cleared after tyre report comes which will take around 2-3 weeks time.
If the hirer requests Queens Rent a Car to deliver the vehicle to a certain location, the meter reading of the vehicle at the office/yard of Queens Rent a Car, will be considered as the starting meter reading for the purpose of computation of the total mileage run at the completion of the hiring period. Airport pick up and drop off of the hirer can be arranged. A sum of USD 40.00 will be charged for pick up at the airport and drop of USD 40.00. In case of pick up of the hirer at the airport, he should call over at the office of Queens Rent a Car to complete and sign the necessary documentation. The vehicle should not be transferred to any third party by the hirer. The vehicle is rented on the strict understanding that it will not be used for any illegal or immoral activities by the hirer. The hirer is regulated under all applicable laws and regulations of Sri Lanka, in addition to the Terms and Conditions set out herein. For any further clarifications please contact Queens staff.